─ Executive Summary─
Global Executive building world-class organizations and driving product/technology innovation for competitive advantage on international level. Experience spans general management, marketing, sales, product management, P&L oversight, strategic business development, M&A, operations, and public speaker.
Catapulted startup from $500K to $120M in < 3 years with $28M EBITDA, launching industry’s first DSL router and seizing world-leading market share at 34%; resulted in company’s ultimate sale to $100B global conglomerate…
- Identified product roadblocks due to tight market, pursuing alternative direction and completing development and release of breakthrough software and hardware product that garnered interest from multinational companies.
- Drove requirements specification and architecture discussions and reviews.
- Initiated sell-side M&A activity to strengthen visibility and credibility, heading $24M sale to major investor, gaining new business from key players, such as Pacific Bell, SBC, and France Telecom, and pushing quarterly revenue to $8M.
- Outperformed large competitors during market struggle, executing company’s $1.2B sale to leading producer of modems.
- Grew revenue from $60M to $120M in one year and achieved 40% hardware profit margin via product innovation strategies.
- Cut $12M in costs in < 6 months by centralizing global technology development centers following post-acquisition integration.
Pioneering Leader expanding footprint and identifying profitable direction by combining strong business acumen with technical knowledge. Excels in startup, turnaround, and high-growth situations, devising and executing actionable strategies for sustainability.
- Lifted quarterly revenue $10M despite legal NASDAQ-related non-compliance issues by securing accounts in Europe and acquiring new software management technology that led to licensing agreements with AT&T and Siemens.
- Set stage for acquisition by Motorola and growth to $90M by aligning capabilities and technology with rapidly changing conditions.
- Led acquisition of software company and drove development over 12 months resulting in $3M license agreement by Bell South.
- Turned around VC-backed technology solutions company, growing revenue from <$4M to $14M+ in five quarters while expanding margins from 18% to 28% by building high-quality sales/marketing organization, generating new business, and containing spend. Managed worldwide sales, marketing, and engineering team of 80 employees.
─ Professional Overview ─
Principal, Eagle Flight Investments (Consulting), 3+ Years
- Getting results for start-up and mature companies. Accelerating their success directing business, marketing, sales, and engineering directions and teams. Clients include PurePredictive (acting CMO) – predictive analytics and Business Intelligence (BI), LykeBox – social loyalty platform, MyMark – social media for professionals SaaS platform, Entelica Energy – energy efficiency for buildings, Jikan – employee schedule SaaS platform, ReadyNet – home networking products, Revinetix – D2D2D backup, Mediaport – digital entertainment, and My LifeStyle – SaaS online real estate …
CEO, 3+ Years
- Demi Energy, Inc.: Engaged for spin-out of Asoka USA Corporation’s core energy solution, attaining $2M in series A funding.
- Asoka USA Corp.: Sought out by VC investors to revitalize struggling powerline networking company, tripling revenue and overseeing 90 direct reports (60 engineers) spanning US, Canada, Europe, Japan, and China.
Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, Netopia – Acquired by Motorola then Google, 3+ Years
- Directed sales/marketing, product management, service delivery, and business development for $120M broadband products firm.
- Facilitated integration of Wi-Fi broadband and merchant services to capitalize on market penetration.
- Revitalized SaaS division due to compliance issues, repositioning group as key contributor and rebuilding staff/management team.
VP/General Manager/Co-Founder, FlowPoint Corp/Cabletron/Efficient Networks/Siemens ICN, 5+ Years
- Recruited as co-founder by FlowPoint to overcome competitive barriers, elevating revenue from $500K to $7M+ in one year by building sales/marketing team, leveraging engineering talent, and devising plan to enter DSL space on multinational level.
- Championed company’s sale to build capital, positioning company as wholly-owned subsidiary of primary investor (Cabletron).
- Oversaw growth to $60M+ in 1999, steering negotiation of company’s sale to Efficient Network; remained on executive staff as VP of corporate marketing, strengthening promotional strategies and corporate image via new website and PR approach.
- Transitioned into general management role for product division, proving vital in boosting sales to run rate of $500M in 2000.
- Integral in company’s sale to Siemens to minimize impact of impending dotcom burst, assuming general management position for global broadband products; oversaw 150 direct reports and engineering/product development in Switzerland and Belgium.
- Served on Broadband Forum contributing to standards-based software and hardware specifications.
Consultant, Apple Computer, 1 Year
- Delivered recommendations that resulted in launching standalone stores and developing in-store partnerships with CompUSA.
Business Manager, Adobe System Incorporated, 5+ Years
- Drove new product introduction, marketing, and sales channel development for company’s UNIX graphic arts product offerings including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, and Acrobat; participated in buy-side acquisitions and operational integration.
- Secured company’s largest PostScript licensing agreement valued at $20M, landing contract with Sun Microsystems
- Integral in developing Acrobat and transitioning major Adobe products into Sun, Silicon Graphics, DEC, and IBM operating systems.
─ Board & Standards Experience ─
Current: Board of Advisors Member/Investor for startup enterprise-level, web-based asset-tracking software company (CG4)
Previous: Member DSL (Broadband) Forum standards committee setting worldwide broadband standards.
─ Education ─
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon