Business Intelligence (BI) is the buzz word of today. Capturing business trends hidden in structured data and big data using analytical tools can deliver intelligence about where the business has been, where it is today, and when combined with predictive analytics, where it can be in the future. Even with all of this technology at our finger tips, individual experience and a track record of success are still critical assets for any business to succeed. Here is an introduction to Dano Ybarra — me — and my business intelligence.
Driving businesses to high visibility in competitive markets, I deliver strategies for rapid growth and sustainability. As a senior executive with 15+ years of experience in general management, marketing, sales, business development, start-up, turnaround, M&A activity, and product positioning, I seize emerging opportunities for long-term impact. Please consider:
• Elevated startup to $120M in < 3 years with $28M EBITDA, launching industry’s first DSL router and seizing world-leading market share at 34%; resulted in company’s ultimate sale to $100B global conglomerate.
• Outperformed large competitors during market struggle, executing company’s $1.2B sale to leading producer of modems.
• Set stage for acquisition by Motorola and growth to $90M by aligning capabilities and technology with rapidly changing conditions.
• Turned around VC-backed technology solutions company, growing revenue from <$4M to $14M+ in five quarters while expanding margins from 18% to 28% by building high-quality sales/marketing organization, generating new business, and containing spend.
• Closed Adobe’s largest single account agreement to-date licensing PostScript to Sun Microsystems for $20M.
My track record of closing business and my ability to build high-performing organizations and teams has resulted in profitability, expansion, and continuous innovation for previous employers. If your company can benefit from a world-class background, strong business acumen, and technical knowledge, I welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs. Thank you; I look forward to hearing from you.
Dano Ybarra is a leader, global executive, corporate warrior, serial entrepreneur, husband, father, and Internet pioneer. To learn more about Dano please visit www.danoybarra.com or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information visit my Beyond.com profile.
─ Chief Marketing Officer, General Manager, VP of Sales & Marketing ─
Global Executive building world-class organizations and driving product/technology innovation for competitive advantage on international level. Experience spans general management, marketing, sales, product management, P&L oversight, strategic business development, M&A, operations, and public speaker.
Catapulted startup from $500K to $120M in < 3 years with $28M EBITDA, launching industry’s first DSL router and seizing world-leading market share at 34%; resulted in company’s ultimate sale to $100B global conglomerate…
- Identified product roadblocks due to tight market, pursuing alternative direction and completing development and release of breakthrough software and hardware product that garnered interest from multinational companies.
- Drove requirements specification and architecture discussions and reviews.
- Initiated sell-side M&A activity to strengthen visibility and credibility, heading $24M sale to major investor, gaining new business from key players, such as Pacific Bell, SBC, and France Telecom, and pushing quarterly revenue to $8M.
- Outperformed large competitors during market struggle, executing company’s $1.2B sale to leading producer of modems.
- Grew revenue from $60M to $120M in one year and achieved 40% hardware profit margin via product innovation strategies.
- Cut $12M in costs in < 6 months by centralizing global technology development centers following post-acquisition integration.
Pioneering Leader expanding footprint and identifying profitable direction by combining strong business acumen with technical knowledge. Excels in startup, turnaround, and high-growth situations, devising and executing actionable strategies for sustainability.
- Lifted quarterly revenue $10M despite legal NASDAQ-related non-compliance issues by securing accounts in Europe and acquiring new software management technology that led to licensing agreements with AT&T and Siemens.
- Set stage for acquisition by Motorola and growth to $90M by aligning capabilities and technology with rapidly changing conditions.
- Led acquisition of software company and drove development over 12 months resulting in $3M license agreement by Bell South.
- Turned around VC-backed technology solutions company, growing revenue from <$4M to $14M+ in five quarters while expanding margins from 18% to 28% by building high-quality sales/marketing organization, generating new business, and containing spend. Managed worldwide sales, marketing, and engineering team of 80 employees.
─ Professional Overview ─
Principal, Eagle Flight Investments (Consulting), 3+ Years
- Getting results for start-up and mature companies. Accelerating their success directing business, marketing, sales, and engineering directions and teams. Clients include PurePredictive (acting CMO) – predictive analytics and Business Intelligence (BI), LykeBox – social loyalty platform, MyMark – social media for professionals SaaS platform, Entelica Energy – energy efficiency for buildings, Jikan – employee schedule SaaS platform, ReadyNet – home networking products, Revinetix – D2D2D backup, Mediaport – digital entertainment, and My LifeStyle – SaaS online real estate …
CEO, 3+ Years
- Demi Energy, Inc.: Engaged for spin-out of Asoka USA Corporation’s core energy solution, attaining $2M in series A funding.
- Asoka USA Corp.: Sought out by VC investors to revitalize struggling powerline networking company, tripling revenue and overseeing 90 direct reports (60 engineers) spanning US, Canada, Europe, Japan, and China.
Senior VP Sales & Marketing, Netopia – Acquired by Motorola then Google, 3+ Years
- Directed sales/marketing, product management, service delivery, and business development for $120M broadband products firm.
- Facilitated integration of Wi-Fi broadband and merchant services to capitalize on market penetration.
- Revitalized SaaS division due to compliance issues, repositioning group as key contributor and rebuilding staff/management team.
VP Sales & Marketing/General Manager/Co-Founder, FlowPoint Corp/Cabletron/Efficient Networks/Siemens ICN, 5+ Years
- Recruited as co-founder by FlowPoint to overcome competitive barriers, elevating revenue from $500K to $7M+ in one year by building sales/marketing team, leveraging engineering talent, and devising plan to enter DSL space on multinational level.
- Championed company’s sale to build capital, positioning company as wholly-owned subsidiary of primary investor (Cabletron).
- Oversaw growth to $60M+ in 1999, steering negotiation of company’s sale to Efficient Network; remained on executive staff as VP of corporate marketing, strengthening promotional strategies and corporate image via new website and PR approach.
- Transitioned into general management role for product division, proving vital in boosting sales to run rate of $500M in 2000.
- Integral in company’s sale to Siemens to minimize impact of impending dotcom burst, assuming general management position for global broadband products; oversaw 150 direct reports and engineering/product development in Switzerland and Belgium.
- Served on Broadband Forum contributing to standards-based software and hardware specifications.
Consultant, Apple Computer, 1 Year
- Delivered recommendations that resulted in launching standalone stores and developing in-store partnerships with CompUSA.
Business Manager, Adobe System Incorporated, 5+ Years
- Drove new product introduction, marketing, and sales channel development for company’s UNIX graphic arts product offerings including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, and Acrobat; participated in buy-side acquisitions and operational integration.
- Secured company’s largest PostScript licensing agreement valued at $20M, landing contract with Sun Microsystems
- Integral in developing Acrobat and transitioning major Adobe products into Sun, Silicon Graphics, DEC, and IBM operating systems.
─ Board & Standards Experience ─
Current: Board of Advisors Member/Investor for startup enterprise-level, web-based asset-tracking software company (CG4)
Previous: Member DSL (Broadband) Forum standards committee setting worldwide broadband standards.
─ Education ─
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon